Seems like there are a few “must have” Mac software lists out there so why not make my own?
Here’s what I find useful beyond the usual iLife and Office apps.
- Ecto. Excellent blogging tool to author all these posts. Get a short time 20% discount until December 26.
- Firefox. Although Safari is still my browser of choice, Firefox has more compatibility with Blogger and other web sites.
- NetNewsWire Lite. Solid RSS news aggregator and reader to keep up with all the news from around the Web.
- ImageWell. The free and lean image editor.
- Roxio Toast Titanium 7. Apple’s CD burning is pretty basic. That’s where Toast comes in.
- .Mac Backup. As part of subscribing to .Mac services, you get full access to this useful backup utility.
- Gmail Notifier. The quick way to check Gmail.
- iPodRip. Easily move music to and from iPods. All legal of course.
- Quicksilver. Hard to explain but the best time saving app around.
- Acqlite. Search the Gnutella peer-to-peer network. Old school but still useful.
- Azureus. A Java-based BitTorrent client. Great for catching missed television shows.