How many frozen yogurt chains are there in Hawaii now? You know they all can’t make it here on this froyo saturated island. I can’t wait for the wars to begin and see who’s left standing.
- Yogurtland – across from UH in that location that keeps changing vendors, Pearl City, and Hawaii Kai
- Orange Tree – expanding in the “smaller” markets around the island and is opening in Ala Moana
- Red Mango – now at Kahala Mall and in Waikiki
- Menchies – at Ward, Kapolei, and Mililani
- Yogurt Mama – only Kailua and about to battle Orange Tree
- Yami – the venerable chain that survived the last froyo war
- TCBY – still kicking
- Milano Freezer – Westridge Shopping Center Aiea
- yogen fruz – actually taking on the challenge of Windward Mall!
Who else will be competing and fighting as your froyo favorite? The upcoming winter months will be the first test. Any bets who’ll fold first?Â Yogurt Mama is the easy pick with a single (bad) location and Orange Tree opening up the street.Â And notice, not one opening in Windward Mall (updated with yogen fruz who will be opening a location in the mall).