Too many Cats – Miller, Jones, Lamb, Kidd-Gilchrist, Teague, and some freakish freshman named Davis.
Congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats for their victory over the Kansas Jayhawks. This year’s Nike-clad Cats were just too much for the Adidas-striped Jayhawks.
Rolling it back to 1999, the championship kickscape looks like this:
- 1999 Connecticut (Nike)
- 2000 Michigan State (Reebok Answers)
- 2001 Duke (Nike)
- 2002 Maryland (Nike Shox Stunners)
- 2003 Syracuse (Nike Shox)
- 2004 Connecticut (Nike Lebron Zoom Generation and Air Force Operates)
- 2005 North Carolina (Nike Retro Jordan X)
- 2006 Florida (Nike)
- 2007 Florida (Nike)
- 2008 Kansas (Adidas)
- 2009 North Carolina (Nike)
- 2010 Duke (Nike)
- 2011 Connecticut (Nike)
- 2012 Kentucky (Nike)
That’s 12 out of the last 14 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championships going to Nike sponsored teams. Not a bad percentage (86%) at all. The most recent Adidas championship belonged to the 2008 Kansas Jayhawks. But the message is clear. If you want an excellent chance of winning your March Madness bracket, be sure to pick a Nike team.