Top-Canvas

Office Woes

Ever seen the movie Office Space? I’m living this nightmare right now. Came to work and found my desk had been dismantled and taken away and my personal stuff left on the floor or scattered around.

Where’s my red stapler?

14 Responses to Office Woes

1. whs21 September 12, 2005 at 10:48 am #

Hey, at least you’re in first place for Yahoo Pickem! Haha

2. Gee Why September 12, 2005 at 11:27 am #

Uuuummmm, no.

3. Gee Why September 12, 2005 at 12:39 pm #

Lemme finish my first thought… Uuumm, no, that doesn’t help. Being tied for first place is pretty good for beginner’s luck, eh? Knock on wood!

4. whs21 September 12, 2005 at 2:52 pm #

I thought you would enjoy working in close quarters like we did for HQ21. Five grown men sharing one cubicle. We should ask if the “Greatest DP-III Ever” would transfer to help you out down there.:) I’m not helping am I? Hopefully my new office will be big enough to hold my crap. You should move up to my buidling, get plenty office space.

5. Gee Why September 12, 2005 at 3:01 pm #

Maybe having the GOAT (Greatest of All Time) DP-III here would save the day! Funny how we managed to work crammed into Oz’s cubicle. Your office space also get plenty of whiny users. “How come I can’t print? What’s this ON/OFF switch on the printer do?”

Maybe it’s time to get steppin’.

6. whs21 September 12, 2005 at 3:26 pm #

I hear ya! Being the G Prime Numbers guy is taking all of my time. No mo’ time to develop and learn new stuffs. I want a job where I can continue to learn new things. It started off pretty good since I had free time to do that but with the added workload, there is no way. Just when things were happening on the learning end, I keep getting prime numbers added.

7. bklyngrl September 12, 2005 at 5:57 pm #

Hope you don’t find your desk in the basement tomorrow!

8. Gee Why September 12, 2005 at 8:13 pm #

bklyngrl, thanks for the encouragement, but I already work in the closest thing to a basement! Oh the horror!

9. Gee Why September 12, 2005 at 10:20 pm #

du575, get plenty to learn (being a DP-II and all) ;).

For example, I just learned that rank makes you the smartest dude around. Even though all your staff disagree with your ideas, it don’t matter cause you outrank them all so you must be smarter than all of them.

I also learned that “opportunities” at our current projects really mean “burdens that no one else wanted to do so you’re stuck with it.”

Still got lots to learn before becoming the GOAT DP-III.

10. Wayne's World September 12, 2005 at 10:42 pm #

Hilarious posts! Now you know what I go through sometimes when I’m in a military status. Some people think that with rank comes knowledge and respect.

From the web:

The Peter Principle

The American Heritage Dictionary defines it as “The theory that employees within an organization will advance to their highest level of competence and then be promoted to and remain at a level at which they are incompetent.”

This happens all the time….

11. Wayne's World September 12, 2005 at 10:42 pm #

From the web:

The Peter Principle

This happens all the time….

12. Wayne's World September 12, 2005 at 10:42 pm #

From the web:

The Peter Principle

This happens all the time….

13. Anonymous September 13, 2005 at 8:46 am #

Who’s the GOAT, and when did Col Copeland start barking HOOAHH?

14. Gee Why September 13, 2005 at 9:22 am #

The GOAT DP-III or Greatest of All Time or the Greatest DP-III Ever is none other than our pal from San Diego who came to help out for HQ21. See this older post about the Greatest DP-III ever.

Both Wayne’s World and du575 are vying to be the next GOAT.

GALC has a wide range of influnce I guess.

Oh yeah, I’m trying to minimize the use of actual names to protect the innocent.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes