I don’t normally start my annual Kicks Analysis this early, but Yoda808 called me out on it, so here we go… Round 1 of the 2015 NCAA Tournament officially starts with the “First Four” as eight teams vie to enter the Round of 64. Here are the eight teams along with their shoe sponsorships.
- Manhattan Jaspers – Under Armour
- Hampton Pirates – Nike
- BYU Cougars – Nike (based on jerseys)
- Ole Miss Rebels – Under Armour
- North Florida Ospreys – Nike (based on jerseys)
- Robert Morris Colonials – Nike
- Boise State Broncos – Nike
- Dayton Flyers – Nike (based on jerseys)
So that’s six for Nike, two for Under Armour, and surprisingly zero for Adidas. Will the First Four field all Nike swooshes? Probably doesn’t matter since I doubt any of the First Four will make it past the Round of 64. While I couldn’t find pictures of all the team’s kicks, I must say that Robert Morris got their kicks game going with a variety of styles and colors.