Gotta file these kicks under “Better in Person.” I’m talking about the Under Armour Micro G Volt Low. When I saw these shoes, I had to pick them up since I couldn’t quickly identify them. And that camo-like colorway on that organic upper is super intriguing. After handling the Volt, you feel the old school, […]
Tag Archives | under armour
Just how does Steph Curry wear his signature Under Armour Curry 2.5 shoes while protected by his preferred Zamst A2-DX ankle braces? Even with the adjustable, wrap around fit of the “burrito lacing system,” I just don’t see how SC30 achieves a good fit as seen in the image above. It seems nearly impossible to […]
It’s over… from a kicks point of view anyways. Nike has another championship locked down with North Carolina and Gonzaga playing in the finals. Starting out, Nike had a 59% chance for one of its teams to win it all. Under Armour and Adidas were close to each other at 19% and 22% respectively. For […]
One down, and I’m surprised (as well as bummed since that’s the end of my bracket). Kansas and Adidas are out, leaving Nike with Gonzaga, North Carolina, and Oregon. Under Armour is still scrapping on then backs of the South Carolina Gamecocks.
The odds, the percentages – forget them. It’s March Madness, baby! All shoe brands are still in it with Nike having 75% of the Elite 8. UA and Adidas each have one team repping their brand. Seed: Team, Shoe 11: Xavier, Nike 1: Gonzaga, Nike 3: Oregon, Nike 1: Kansas, Adidas 7: South Carolina, Under […]
I vowed that if my bracket won this year’s tournament then I would buy shoes from the popular Adidas basketball lineup. There are no losers in the current lineup of Crazy Explosives (low), Harden Vol. 1, and the Dame 3. Currently, Adidas adorns the remaining Kansas and UCLA squads. Lonzo balls in the Hardens. Oddly […]
The sweetness of the sixteen teams still dancing look like this: Florida (4) Wisconsin (8) Baylor (3) South Carolina (7) Gonzaga (1) West Virginia (4) Arizona (2) Xavier (11) Kansas (1) Purdue (4) Oregon (3) Michigan (7) North Carolina (1) Butler (4) Kentucky (2) UCLA (3) Nike holds a dominant position with 12 of the […]
For 2017, Nike has majorities in 9 of the 16 seeded positions. Adidas has two (#13 and 15) while Under Armour has 3 (#8, 14, and 16). UA is not represented by teams in the top four seeds. Nike and UA are tied at the six and seven spots.
Not much to say other than the powerhouse conferences have an affinity to Nike. The ACC has the most teams this year with eight followed by seven from the Big Ten.
Call it what you want, a blunder or pure genius, but the latest low cut, white colorway of Under Armour’s signature for Steph Curry is in the spotlight. Although truly a performance basketball shoe, the white colors of the “Chef” impart an older feel for these kicks. Check out this fictitous commercial made by Jimmy […]
This is so bad that it’s good! There can be no doubt that Uncle Martian, a new sports brand in China, is copying the look and logo of Under Armour. I mean really “Uncle Martian???” I guess any sportswear brand name is just a name, but Uncle Martian doesn’t conjure up images of sports or […]
In the Elite 8 of 2016, both Adidas and Under Armour are barely hanging on with one team each (Kansas for Adidas and Notre Dame for Under Armour). All the rest (Virginia, Syracuse, Oregon, Oklahoma, Villanova, and North Caroline) don the swoosh. From a numbers standpoint, this works out to 75% Nike and 12.5% each […]